What is the best solution to treat throat problems?
This post helps you learn about home remedies to treat sore throat symptoms.
First let's get some basic information about 'sore throat'or Pharyngitis which is discomfort, pain, or scratchiness in the throat. It often makes it painful to swallow.
Pharyngitis is caused by swelling (inflammation) of the pharynx, which is in the back of the throat, between the tonsils and the voicebox (larynx).
Most sore throats are cauesd by a viral infection, such as the cold or flu. Some viruses can cause specific types of sore throat, such as coxsackie infection or mononucleosis.
Bacteria that can cause pharyngitis include Group A streptococcus, which leads to strep throat in some cases.
Other, less-common bacteria that cause sore throats include corynebacterium, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.
Most cases of pharyngitis occur during the colder months. The illness often spreads among family members.
Most sore throats are caused by viruses.
Antibiotics do not help. Using them to treat viral infections helps strengthen bacteria and make them resistant to antibiotics.
Sore throats should only be treated with antibiotics if a strep test is positive. Strep cannot be accurately diagnosed by symptoms or a physical exam alone.
Home remedies to treat sore throat:
- Drink a lot of water or tea- Hot fluids, such as tea or soup, may help decrease throat irritation. Fluids may help thin secretions and soothe an irritated throat.
- Take hard candies or throat lozenges. Young children should not be given such products because they can choke on them.
- A cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier can moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat. Use a shallow pan of water to provide moisture in the air through evaporation if you don't have a humidifier.
- Try over-the-counter pain medications, such as acetaminophen.
- Gargling with salt water can help a sore throat.The salt is healing.
- Steam inhalation is the other most popular and effective sore throat or lost voice remedy that can help solve or at least reduce the problem overnight. It helps to effectively clear the nasal passages, ensuring that there is no congestion at all
- Pineapple works great. This is a natural remedy that really works great for sore throats and a cough. Just eat pineapples. Fresh is better than canned.
- If you have a really bad sore throat and don’t feel like swallowing any food, I have also tried this. Get the pineapple and just chew on it and swallow the juice of this pineapple, you can throw away the part you don’t want to swallow.