Staying alert is very important in case of driving, as keeping some safety tips in mind can save our and our family's life. It is a fact that all accidents are not avoidable, but we can still stay at a safe side by not being a cause of accident, by adopting travel safety tips.
Few statistics of accidents:
- Each year worldwide there are 500,000 road deaths, It is estimated that by 2020 this figure will rise to 700,000 deaths per annum.
- Injuries outnumber deaths 70 times
- 15,000,000 serious injuries each year
- Annual cost of motor vehicle crashes in USA is $70 billion
'Getting Ready For The Road' tips:
Even under the best conditions, driving has its inherent risks. But when special situations or hazards arise, paying attention to driving and making sound decisions become even more vital.
The word “emergency” indicates the unforeseen, the unpredictable. No matter how careful you are, you cannot keep emergencies from occurring. However, as safe and competent drivers, you can deliberately prepare for emergency conditions you might encounter on the roadway — from unpredictable weather to transporting an individual to the hospital.
Travel Safety Tips
* Take your vehicle for a full safety inspection 1–2 weeks before a long trip.
* Be well-rested and alert each time you get behind the wheel.
* Never leave children or pets unattended in your vehicle.
* Never drive if you have been drinking alcohol.
* Never drive if you are using medications that cause drowsiness.
* Wear prescription lenses as appropriate.
* Make sure each passenger wears a seatbelt.
* Make sure child passenger safety seats are properly installed.
* Make sure children are properly secured in appropriate child passenger safety seats.
* Follow traffic safety laws.
* Obey speed limits.
* Slow down in adverse weather conditions or if there are safety hazards present, such as an accident or debris on the roadway.
* Avoid distractions while driving, including eating, drinking, using cell phones, tuning the radio, interacting with other drivers and other passengers and watching sights along the road.
* Use rearview and side mirrors often.
* Avoid prolonged hours of driving.
* Place warning devices, when needed, at least 200 feet behind the vehicle.
* Keep doors locked.
* Do not leave valuables in view.
* Check your vehicle’s tire pressure at least once each month.
Tips provided by: USAA Ed Foundation
Related study:CRASH SAFETY
Quotes are a way of giving ourselves motivation and encouragement. Here are some motivational quotes, which may give you an understanding...
With the symptoms of a stiff painful neck, my shoulder pain was getting severe with tingling and numbness feeling in my arms. I was feeling ...
There is no scientific or medical study regarding the harmful or good effects of drinking ice cold water, but in alternative therapies like ...
I read a lot and although I didn't study psychology as a subject at college, but I like to read and learn about self help, self improvem...
There are many reasons behind selection of organic or natural products. There is no exception when it comes to milk and milk products. It is...
Auricular therapy (Acupressure therapy of the ear region) has been used successfully for Smoking cessation. Auriculotherapy is thought to be...
Tongue twisters are the words or phrases in repeated manner for the practice of specific letters or sounds. These tongue exercises are meant...
Definition of net addiction: Internet addiction is currently classified by mental health professionals as an Obsessive Compulsive Disorde...