There are other benefits of belberry tea which we are learning from this post.
It is one of several species of low-growing shrubs, bearing edible berries.
The dried, ripe fruit and leaves are used to make medicine. Bilberry is a perennial shrub that grows to about 16 inches in height. It has sharp edged, green branches and black wrinkled berries, which are ripe for picking in late summer. Bilberry is a relative of blueberry, cranberry, and huckleberry, and its fruit looks and tastes much like the American blueberry.
Today, the fruit is used to treat diarrhea, menstrual cramps, eye problems, varicose veins, venous insufficiency (a condition in which the veins do not efficiently return blood from the legs to the heart), and other circulatory problems.
How to make the tea?
Bilberry Tea can either be made through infusing the dried bilberry leaves or fruits in hot water, or through decoction of these same parts in boiling water.
Bilberries contain levels of anthocyanin pigments that have been linked experimentally to lowered risk for several diseases, such as those of the heart and cardiovascular system, eyes and cancer.
The bilberry leaves are used in traditional medicine to treat gastrointestinal ailments, applied topically, or made into Bilberry Tea infusions.
Bilberry Tea as an herbal decoction prepared from the dried fruits is said to be effective in treating diarrhea in children. It may also be used as a mouthwash in treating various oral disorders and throat problems.
Other Health benefits of Bilberry Tea:
- Bilberry Tea may help inhibit eye and vision disorders by strengthening the walls of blood vessels in the eye and benefit the retina.
- Help reduce inflammation, and help stabilize ligaments and tendons.
- Support cardiovascular health.
- Treat gastrointestinal problems.
- Ease varicose vein appearance.
- Lower blood sugar in diabetics.
- High level of anthocyanin pigments, which have been linked to a lowered risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Helps improve skin quality in all ages.
- According to Dr. Oz it is one of the tea which help loose weight. Bilberry Tea helps to kill cravings during dinnertime. Its savory sweet flavor balances blood sugar. Drink 1 Cup before dinner.
For daily relief of gastrointestinal problems or to aid digestion, bilberry leaves have been shown to be highly effective, either when ingested in the tea form or made into topical ointments and tinctures.Most tonics are made with the leaves, because they contain a higher concentration of antioxidants and other healthy compounds.