Our hectic lifestyle makes it difficult to bring change in our eating habits but we can plan for a healthy food choices to keep us healthy and live long. We assume that overweight or fat peoples may have high cholesterol level, but according to survey every age persons including kids and teens were seen having high cholesterol. There are simple home remedies which can help us lower cholesterol.
High Cholesterol Prevention:
The most important approach for lowering high cholesterol is a healthy lifestyle and diet. Losing weight can help lower your LDL and total cholesterol levels, as well as raise your HDL. The main goal in lowering cholesterol is to lower your LDL and raise your HDL. There are two main ways to lower cholesterol:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and
- Take cholesterol-lowering medications.
Home remedies to lower High Cholesterol:
- Eating healthy food can help lower your LDL cholesterol level.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
- Eat a variety of fiber-rich foods, like oats, dark breads and apples.
- Limit saturated fats, like dairy fats (in ice cream and butter) and palm and coconut oil (in baked goods).
- Limit high-cholesterol foods, like egg yolks, organ meats (such as liver) and shellfish.
- Eat more broiled or grilled fish and skinless chicken breasts.
* Exercise Regularly: Exercise increases flexibility and improves circulation.
* Reduce the Intake of Salt
* Eliminate the use of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
* Maintain a Health Weight. Being overweight is associated with high blood pressure.
Keep your cholesterol level under control: Cutting your cholesterol by 25 percent lowers your stroke risk by 29 percent, according to an analysis of 16 studies by researchers at Brigham and Woman's Hospital in Boston.