For general health maintenance, there are some acupressure techniques that you can do yourself for self healing. The techniques are simple and easy to learn. Acupressure is a no cost, easy and self help method of getting cure for common ailments and it doesn't have any side or after effects.
You just need to select an appropriate massage plan that suits your health need, perform it in the morning and evening and make it last 20-30 minutes each time.
In this article, you will learn some useful acupressure techniques for self-healing. We use a lot of alternative therapies to fight stress and depression which has become a part of our everyday life but acupressure offers a very good solution for this common ailment.
Acupressure for easing mental stress and relaxation
1. Sit still with eyes looking forward and teeth clenched, use the palm to pat evenly over the crown of the head, 20 times,
2. Press the thumbs on the inner sides of the eyebrows (Bl2) and knead 30 times.
3. Wipe the forehead with the middle knuckles of the index fingers, 30 times.
4. Press and knead the corners of the forehead inside the hairline (St8), 30 times.
5. Press and knead along the back of the head within the hairline with the thumbs, 30 times.
6. Knead the lateral side of the wrist (Ht7) on both hands, 30 times.
7. Knead 3-finger-breadths above the inner malleolus of each ankle (Sp6), 30 times.
8. Finish by rubbing the center of the soles of the feet (Kl1), 30 times.
The massage is helpful for insomnia, mental fatigue, absent-mindedness, drowsiness and listlessness. When kneading or pressing on particular points, there should be enough force to bring about numbness or soreness, while rubbing or wiping should create a feeling of warmth.
Source link for pictures and more information: 'Shen-nong'
* Download a slide show about the topic 'Acupressure for common ailments'
Quotes are a way of giving ourselves motivation and encouragement. Here are some motivational quotes, which may give you an understanding...
With the symptoms of a stiff painful neck, my shoulder pain was getting severe with tingling and numbness feeling in my arms. I was feeling ...
There is no scientific or medical study regarding the harmful or good effects of drinking ice cold water, but in alternative therapies like ...
I read a lot and although I didn't study psychology as a subject at college, but I like to read and learn about self help, self improvem...
Auricular therapy (Acupressure therapy of the ear region) has been used successfully for Smoking cessation. Auriculotherapy is thought to be...
There are many reasons behind selection of organic or natural products. There is no exception when it comes to milk and milk products. It is...
Acupressure points K27 are located below the collarbone and are called 'energy buttons' as they are meant to boost your natural ener...
Tongue twisters are the words or phrases in repeated manner for the practice of specific letters or sounds. These tongue exercises are meant...