I always wonder what is happiness? --Because there are times, when you are happy without any reason,
-may be when you listen a word of praise,
-when you are with your sincere friend and sharing your secret with him/her,
-when someone trusts you and shares his/her secret with you,
-you get unexpected good news, and there are times when you get everything around which could please you but you are still unhappy,
and there are many conditions which may vary as to individual's personality. But everyone would agree that when you look around for getting happiness, sometimes time doesn't favour you. And still trying to get happiness is a dream.
But what is happiness?---
Here are some quotes, or sayings of famous people. May be like me, you would get your answer!
* Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go”
Oscar Wilde quotes (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)
* “Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
* “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
* “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
Epictetus quotes (Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135)
* We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
Frederick Keonig quotes
* Be happy. It's one way of being wise.”
Sidonie Gabrielle quotes
* "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
Herman Cain quotes (American business man, author and speaker)
* "The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”
Marcel Pagnol quotes (French Writer, Producer and Film Director, 1895-1974)
* “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”
Albert Einstein quotes (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)
* "Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.”
* "Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
Buddha quotes (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)
* "It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
Dale Carnegie quotes (American lecturer, author, 1888-1955)
* "Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.”
Storm Jameson quotes
* "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”
George Sand quotes (French Romantic writer, 1804-1876)
* "Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.”
Maxim Gorky quotes (Russian Novelist and Playwright, 1868-1936)
* "It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.”
Agnes Repplier quotes (American Essayist and Writer, She is known for her collections of scholarly essays in Compromises (1904). 1858-1950)
* "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you”
Nathaniel Hawthorne quotes (American short-story Writer and Novelist, master of the allegorical and symbolic tale. One of the greatest fiction writers in American literature. 1804-1864)
Source site and more quotes at: Think Exist
Download this free e-book to learn how to be happy!-- This is not an ordinary book to sell you anything for profit, but I have personally downloaded and read the book. It is a personal story of a person who want to make this world better place by spreading happiness message.
Download from this post link: How to be happy?
Quotes are a way of giving ourselves motivation and encouragement. Here are some motivational quotes, which may give you an understanding...
With the symptoms of a stiff painful neck, my shoulder pain was getting severe with tingling and numbness feeling in my arms. I was feeling ...
There is no scientific or medical study regarding the harmful or good effects of drinking ice cold water, but in alternative therapies like ...
I read a lot and although I didn't study psychology as a subject at college, but I like to read and learn about self help, self improvem...
There are many reasons behind selection of organic or natural products. There is no exception when it comes to milk and milk products. It is...
Auricular therapy (Acupressure therapy of the ear region) has been used successfully for Smoking cessation. Auriculotherapy is thought to be...
Tongue twisters are the words or phrases in repeated manner for the practice of specific letters or sounds. These tongue exercises are meant...
Acupressure points K27 are located below the collarbone and are called 'energy buttons' as they are meant to boost your natural ener...